Ship Your Cargo with Confidence
Whether as a business or individual, shipping barrels, boxes or cartons is more than simply moving products to an intended destination.
It merges the convenience of assembling wide assortments of items, or low volume orders, with the affordability of a low-impact containment that is easy to track and transport.
In moving this type of cargo, you want to ensure the experience is affordable and hassle-free, while the items remain secured through to its destination.
At GCMAM, we understand the nuances of packing and shipping barrels, boxes and cartons to and from your destination, and we work to ensure your precious cargo gets to where – and whom – it was intended, at low cost, quickly and securely.
We Will be Happy to Help You…
…with Your Barrel, Box or Carton Shipping. Complete the following form and we will be happy to help you with the right packaging to suit your shipment.
When Moving This Type of Cargo…
…there are some things you can do to minimize your costs and delays, secure your items and mitigate or reduce damages.
Here are some ways you can start the process off with sure steps forward:
- Match the volume of cargo to your packaging type and size. Be it boxes, cartons or barrels, you want to ensure you have the right size containment for your cargo. Plastic or fibre barrels or boxes of various sizes are available – we can help you find the right packaging for your needs.
- Plan your packing. Pack with the heavier items at the bottom (which tends to be more reinforced) to minimize breakage to cargo and the packaging. In the case of barrels holding various items, you can use softer items to secure more fragile items, giving additional layers of protection.
- Secure your items against weather damage. Apparel and other fabrics, paper products such as stationery should be wrapped in plastic to prevent liquid damages in transit.
- Avoid cross contamination. Separate your food items, chemical items such as detergents, and scented items such as soaps or candles, to avoid contamination.
- Secure your shipments. Boxes should be properly reinforced, pallets should be shrink wrapped and cargo properly secured/strapped to the pallet. Barrels should be sealed with accompanying paperwork. Wooden packaging may require additional treatment depending on the intended destination – please inquire with us for more details.
- Label your packaging accurately. Avoid delays at the ports by ensuring full and accurate labelling of your packages for both sender and receiver particulars – Spelling of names, contact and address information consistent with identification documents.
- Know your schedule. Peak shipment times can result in delays to the arrival times of shipments at its destination. Be sure you have sufficient lead time to get your shipments underway for it to reach in expected time. We can help you learn more about peak periods for shipping and at various destinations.